Monday, 01 September 2008 09:57
Last Updated on Wednesday, 03 September 2008 10:21
The following are updates from the Santa Rosa County public information officer:
- The Emergency Operations Center will deactivate at 5 p.m., and the citizen information line will close as well.
- Government offices and courts will be open on Sept. 2
- Public schools will be open on Sept. 2.
- The University of West Florida and Pensacola Junior College will also be open.
- Madura Road in Tiger Point is closed due to flooding, and Gulf Boulevard near South Carolina Street on Navarre Beach has standing water.
- Minor damage was reported from a possible tornado on Ceylon Drive in Gulf Breeze.
- Minor beach erosion has been reported at Navarre Beach.
- As of 2 p.m., there were 192 residences with power outages in Santa Rosa County.
- Beachgoers should heed red flag warnings and stay out of the water. Small craft warnings also remain in effect.