Sand Bags Available Saturday
Saturday, 23 August 2008 04:23
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2008 05:12
Approximately 3,000 sand bags have been distributed in Santa Rosa County.
Sand and sand bags are available at the following sites/times. Residents should bring shovels and be prepared to fill and load their own bags. There is a 25-bag limit per vehicle.
- Midway Fire District- 1322 College Parkway, Friday until 8 p.m., Saturday from 7 a.m. until supplies last
- Corner of Carroll Road and Pine Forest Road (sand only) anytime while supplies last, bags can be picked up Emergency Management at 4499 Pine Forest Road Friday until 7 p.m. and Saturday from 8 a.m. while supplies last.
- Pace Fire Rescue District -4773 Pace Patriot Blvd. (The new station location, not the old station next to Pace Assembly of God) available 24-hours until gone. Staff is on hand to assist the elderly or disabled.
- Skyline Fire and Rescue District- 6924 Highway 87 on Friday & Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- The City of Gulf Breeze does not currently have sand bags available, and at this time does not expect area residents will need sand bags. However, they will be available if there are changes in the weather forecast changes.