Wednesday, 29 June 2011 15:56
The following items were discussed during the regular meeting of the Santa Rosa County Board of County Commissioners June 23:
- No public input was given for ordinances amending firearms and the discharge of firearms in reference to recent changes in Florida statue 790.33. The amendments and deletions were approved.
- Commissioners approved management agreement with Lighthouse Private Christian Academy to manage and maintain Cypress Tree Park on Pesos Pass Road.
- Commissioners approved the Navarre Beach Area Chamber of Commerce request to send a letter to the Florida Department of Transportation to change the signage at the Interstate 10 and State Road 87 interchange from “Fort Walton Beach and Navarre” exit to “Fort Walton Beach and Navarre Beach” exit.
- The pier store will receive two new air conditioning units provided a new agreement can be worked out between the county and Pier, Inc. in reference to how much money Pier, Inc. contributes to the power bill due to the anticipated increase in the power usage.
- Commissioners voted to approve a $5,000 allocation for the Tourist Development Council’s north end visitor’s center to be staffed on Saturdays and Sundays for the remainder of the summer season.
- Commissioners approved a $250,000 increase in Medicaid – Hospital billings. This action was referred to as an unfunded mandate from the state.