After a mere six minutes, Holley-Navarre Fire District firefighters had contained and later extinguished a dryer vent fire Monday afternoon.
Central dispatch received a structure fire call around 2:23 p.m. on Loop Street, with the first crews arriving on scene at 2:29 p.m. Smoke could be seen billowing from the garage door.
The wife of the homeowner was home at the time, doing laundry. Unbeknownst to her, the vent caught fire while a load of laundry was drying.
Firefighters were able to rescue a dog trapped in the smoke-filled house.
The fire caused roughly $3,000 in damage.